|[View Updates][View Threads][View Files][SVN Log][SVN Submitters]|
|Title:||Installer script generation utility|
A utility that generates an installation script for Installer, using a ReAction-based graphical front end.
|Priority:||Low As prioritized by the OS4 development team|
|Description:||By using a graphical interface, the Installer script generation utility will allow creating standardized installation packages quickly and easily. Sparing developers of the daunting task of writing a working script manually, the utility will encourage them to include an installation script with their software. This will enhance user experience during the installation process.
- Select file(s) to install.
- Choose where to install files on users computer.
- Utility generates Installer based script for package.
- Easy to use ReAction-based GUI.
- Allow single or multiple files to be selected by a file lister.
- Arrange hierarchy of where to install files at destination, including quick options to install selected files to LIBS: or other standard system paths.
- Check selected files if they already exist, and also check versions of said files, so newer ones are not overwritten.
- Update S:user-startup with any necessary assigns.
- At end of install option to open readme file and/or run program itself.
Would also be nice to have:
- Create log of script generation.
- Ability to preview install.
- Ask user if they want icon added to AmiDock.
- Create installation logfile at users end.
- Generate installation script for the new Python-based installer.
- Update AmiUpdate on location of program.
|Created at:||20110909 00:09|
|Finished at:||Not finished|
|Last update:||20140402 19:01|
| Task list for this project|
|ID ||Title ||Assigned ||Progress ||Updated ||Created by |